Community clubs heartbeat of Rugby League
Author : Wigan Warriors Media
Community clubs are the heartbeat of Rugby League.
Wigan Warriors Community Foundation acknowledges that all clubs have had a tough time and have struggled in different ways in the last two years due to the pandemic.
The Warriors are committed to helping clubs where possible and most recently have launched a community club ambassador programme – consisting of 21 clubs.
Over the years, there have been countless youngsters who have progressed from amateur Rugby League clubs to signing for Wigan’s Academy system and representing the first team.
Community clubs are the cornerstone of the development of players and Wigan Warriors prides itself on having a strong homegrown crop of players.
To continue that the Club are improving their engagement and relationship with local community clubs and their team coaches by hosting monthly events at Robin Park Arena.
Since July, there have been six sessions – ranging from coaching education and development to Q&A sessions with the likes of Executive Director Kris Radlinski.
The new 2022 Coaching Team including Head Coach Matt Peet, first team players and Community Foundation coaches.
With Reserves grade set to return in 2022, the youth age bracket for Academy teams has been lowered from Under-19s to Under-18s.
Under-17 players also represent the Academy, with Under-16s and Under-15s making up the Scholarship squads. An announcement on Wigan’s Reserves team for 2022 will be made in due course… MORE
Young Warriors score seven tries to beat Hull KR at Robin Park Arena on Saturday.
Wigan win 38-12 to claim their fifth consecutive victory
FT | Wigan Warriors U19s 38-12 Hull KR Academy.
Wigan Warriors Under-19s scored seven tries to win comfortably against Hull KR at Robin Park Arena on Saturday afternoon. .. MORE
More posts from this section
- Jack Brown Wins International Rugby League Wheelchair Golden Boot Award
- Maltese Juniors Score 98 Points In Representative Pathway Success
- Sharks devoured in road win
- England Community Lions Youth squad named
- St. Helens Academy Lose Out In Season Opener In London
- Turkey Complete Inaugral Junior Season
- NZ Juniors surge to second spot
- European U19s Rugby League Championship Moved To 2021
- Rugby League Federation Ghana Launches Pretty Girls Play Rugby League (Pgprl) Campaign
- Under 15’s Championship To Kick Off This Weekend In Port Vila
- Diamonds Take Out Opening U15s Clash
- Ifira Blackbirds To Make Their Under 15s Debut
- Albanian Youngster Signs with St. Helens
- Inaugural Samoan School of Origin series to kick off today
- Black Birds Hold Diamonds To A Draw To Setup Thrilling Finish In U15s Championship
- 2020 New Zealand Resident 16s Squad Named
- NZ Residents V NZ Maori Residents And NZEL Schools V Clubs Matches Locked In
- Marist win inaugural School of Origin series
- Ba wins Fiji Under-19 title
- Second Phase of Port Moresby RFL competitions to kick off this weekend