Fiji given permission to restart Schools competitions
Author : Asia-Pacific Rugby League
After almost 50 weeks of no sport in Fijian schools, Rugby League has become the first and only sport in the Pacific nation to be given the green light to restart competitions.
An official approval by the Ministry of Education Heritage and Arts this week gives the Fiji Secondary School Rugby League (FSSRL) permission to run the Vodafone Schools Cup competition in 2021, which will aim to kick off in the coming weeks.
Under the guidance of the Fiji National Rugby League (FNRL), the FSSRL will ensure all matches adhere to the COVID-19 protocols in place across Fiji.
The 2020 Vodafone Schools Cup competition that was halted in March last year had no winner declared due to its discontinuance.
In 2019, Queen Victoria School won the Under 19s title, whilst Nasinu Secondary School and Ratu Kadavulevu School claimed the Under 17s and Under 15s titles respectively.
More posts from this section
- Jack Brown Wins International Rugby League Wheelchair Golden Boot Award
- Maltese Juniors Score 98 Points In Representative Pathway Success
- Sharks devoured in road win
- England Community Lions Youth squad named
- St. Helens Academy Lose Out In Season Opener In London
- Turkey Complete Inaugral Junior Season
- NZ Juniors surge to second spot
- European U19s Rugby League Championship Moved To 2021
- Rugby League Federation Ghana Launches Pretty Girls Play Rugby League (Pgprl) Campaign
- Under 15’s Championship To Kick Off This Weekend In Port Vila
- Diamonds Take Out Opening U15s Clash
- Ifira Blackbirds To Make Their Under 15s Debut
- Albanian Youngster Signs with St. Helens
- Inaugural Samoan School of Origin series to kick off today
- Black Birds Hold Diamonds To A Draw To Setup Thrilling Finish In U15s Championship
- 2020 New Zealand Resident 16s Squad Named
- NZ Residents V NZ Maori Residents And NZEL Schools V Clubs Matches Locked In
- Marist win inaugural School of Origin series
- Ba wins Fiji Under-19 title
- Second Phase of Port Moresby RFL competitions to kick off this weekend
- Kila Kila and ECEM progress in Port Moresby Schoolboys Finals
- Finalists for Port Moresby Schools tournaments decided
- Kolkata hosts Rugby League India’s first tournament for 2020
- South Ikebukuro Rabbitohs launch Japan’s first Junior teams
- Draw released for inaugural New Zealand National U20s Competition
- Fiji given permission to restart Schools competitions
- England Academy Rugby League Set For March Return
- NZRL and ARL Announce Major Shift For Junior Rugby League
- Fijian Secondary Schools Girl’s Nines kicks off tomorrow
- Saint Vincent Eagles Wins Vodafone Soqoiwasa Trophy