Ba wins Fiji Under-19 title
Author : Fiji Rugby League
Ba won the Under-19 title beating Northland 20-14 in the Vodafone Vanua Championship final at Lawaqa Park in Sigatoka.
Northland made a better start and a try each from Semi Qica plus Sanaila Daugagave gave them a narrow lead of 14-10 at half time.
The match got intense in the second spell with players going for big hits. The vocal Northland and Ba crowd supported their teams through-out the match.
Ba came with a better game plan in the second spell and almost dominated the play.
They managed to pull one try back in the 17th minute through Esava Leweni.
Northland came very near to scoring a try but the Ba defence stood tall in-front of them.
Replacement Jordan Mamao was perfect off the tee as he nailed the final three points.
Ba captain Josaia Bukalidi said “It was a tough final but the players managed to stop a powerful Northland side.
“For all the games we played this game was really tough.
We really wanted to win this game because for so long we have been trying and finally we have achieved the goal.
We dedicate this win to the Veilomani Boys Home because we are camping there and all they wanted is the trophy” he said.
Northland captain Mosese Qionimacawa said “It was a tough final and at the end one needs to win and other will be a loser”
“Unfortunately we lost but I want to thank the players from the gutsy performance and also the fans for the great support” said Qionimacawa.
More posts from this section
- Jack Brown Wins International Rugby League Wheelchair Golden Boot Award
- Maltese Juniors Score 98 Points In Representative Pathway Success
- Sharks devoured in road win
- England Community Lions Youth squad named
- St. Helens Academy Lose Out In Season Opener In London
- Turkey Complete Inaugral Junior Season
- NZ Juniors surge to second spot
- European U19s Rugby League Championship Moved To 2021
- Rugby League Federation Ghana Launches Pretty Girls Play Rugby League (Pgprl) Campaign
- Under 15’s Championship To Kick Off This Weekend In Port Vila
- Diamonds Take Out Opening U15s Clash
- Ifira Blackbirds To Make Their Under 15s Debut
- Albanian Youngster Signs with St. Helens
- Inaugural Samoan School of Origin series to kick off today
- Black Birds Hold Diamonds To A Draw To Setup Thrilling Finish In U15s Championship
- 2020 New Zealand Resident 16s Squad Named
- NZ Residents V NZ Maori Residents And NZEL Schools V Clubs Matches Locked In
- Marist win inaugural School of Origin series
- Ba wins Fiji Under-19 title
- Second Phase of Port Moresby RFL competitions to kick off this weekend