Inaugural Samoan School of Origin series to kick off today
Author : Asia Pacific Rugby League
Game One of the inaugural Rugby League Samoa School of Origin Series kicks off today when the SCOPA Cowboys face the Marist Saints at the ACP Marist Stadium.
Whilst not a new concept in Samoan sport, it will be the first time the inter-school rivalry between former attendees of Samoa College and Marist takes place in Rugby League.
The three match series is part of a new domestic representative structure announced by Rugby League Samoa, which will also see the introduction of an Island of Origin concept between Upolu and Savaii.
Game Two of the School of Origin series will take place on October 3 as a curtain raiser to the Domestic Competition Grand Final, whilst Game Three will take place on November 4 as curtain raiser to the Island of Origin clash.
More posts from this section
- Jack Brown Wins International Rugby League Wheelchair Golden Boot Award
- Maltese Juniors Score 98 Points In Representative Pathway Success
- Sharks devoured in road win
- England Community Lions Youth squad named
- St. Helens Academy Lose Out In Season Opener In London
- Turkey Complete Inaugral Junior Season
- NZ Juniors surge to second spot
- European U19s Rugby League Championship Moved To 2021
- Rugby League Federation Ghana Launches Pretty Girls Play Rugby League (Pgprl) Campaign
- Under 15’s Championship To Kick Off This Weekend In Port Vila
- Diamonds Take Out Opening U15s Clash
- Ifira Blackbirds To Make Their Under 15s Debut
- Albanian Youngster Signs with St. Helens
- Inaugural Samoan School of Origin series to kick off today
- Black Birds Hold Diamonds To A Draw To Setup Thrilling Finish In U15s Championship
- 2020 New Zealand Resident 16s Squad Named
- NZ Residents V NZ Maori Residents And NZEL Schools V Clubs Matches Locked In
- Marist win inaugural School of Origin series
- Ba wins Fiji Under-19 title
- Second Phase of Port Moresby RFL competitions to kick off this weekend