Kolkata hosts Rugby League India’s first tournament for 2020
Author : Asia-Pacific Rugby League
The newly established Rugby League India has successfully held its first Rugby League tournament for 2020 in the city of Kolkata (formerly Calcutta) over the weekend.
The event extended on Rugby League India’s Jackals Academy program which has been working on introducing Rugby League basics to Boys and Girls across the sub-continent.
Sunday’s event saw players from across Kolkata and wider West Bengal take part in the four team tournament.
Supported by the Australian High Commission in India, former NSW Premier and current High Commissioner to India and Ambassador to Bhutan, Barry O’Farrell, was on hand to present awards to the winners.
Rugby League India was established in early 2020 to help with the development of Rugby League across the nation. The Federation has member League’s in West Bengal, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Jammu & Kashmir.
More posts from this section
- Jack Brown Wins International Rugby League Wheelchair Golden Boot Award
- Maltese Juniors Score 98 Points In Representative Pathway Success
- Sharks devoured in road win
- England Community Lions Youth squad named
- St. Helens Academy Lose Out In Season Opener In London
- Turkey Complete Inaugral Junior Season
- NZ Juniors surge to second spot
- European U19s Rugby League Championship Moved To 2021
- Rugby League Federation Ghana Launches Pretty Girls Play Rugby League (Pgprl) Campaign
- Under 15’s Championship To Kick Off This Weekend In Port Vila
- Diamonds Take Out Opening U15s Clash
- Ifira Blackbirds To Make Their Under 15s Debut
- Albanian Youngster Signs with St. Helens
- Inaugural Samoan School of Origin series to kick off today
- Black Birds Hold Diamonds To A Draw To Setup Thrilling Finish In U15s Championship
- 2020 New Zealand Resident 16s Squad Named
- NZ Residents V NZ Maori Residents And NZEL Schools V Clubs Matches Locked In
- Marist win inaugural School of Origin series
- Ba wins Fiji Under-19 title
- Second Phase of Port Moresby RFL competitions to kick off this weekend