Sharks devoured in road win
Richard Becht & Steve Montgomery, ourfootyteam.com
The Vodafone Junior Warriors have climbed into the S G Ball Cup’s top four following their outstanding 38-14 win over Cronulla-Sutherland in today’s fourth-round match at PointsBet Stadium in Sydney.
There was no indication in the opening 35 minutes that the Vodafone Junior Warriors were about to make such a statement.
Having conceded the first try of the match they replied through hooker Taniela Otukolo to lead just 6-4 at halftime. Otukolo maintained his record of scoring in each of the side’s matches in their debut campaign, lifting his total to six already.
The second half provided a complete transformation.
Through tries to T J Devery and Jeremiah Asi, both converted by sharpshooter Sione Moala, the Vodafone Junior Warriors shot to an 18-4 lead.
They were momentarily stalled by a second Sharks try before another two-try salvo, Moala converting both and kicking a penalty to take the lead out to 32-8.
A third Cronulla try was followed by the visitors’ sixth and final try to standoff Sebastyan Jack. Moala made it six from six to complete a 38-14 demolition.
It was the third time in four starts the Vodafone Junior Warriors had topped 30 points taking them to fourth on the ladder.
After three straight away games, the Vodafone Junior Warriors are home to Parramatta next Sunday.
At PointsBet Stadium, Cronulla Sydney
More posts from this section
- Flegg Sharks Secure Minor Premiership With Win Over Knights
- South Sydney Rabbitoh’s Are The 2019 Jersey Flegg Cup Champions
- Junior Sharks Final Trial Hit Out
- Harold Matthews and SG Ball register wins as season approaches
- NSWRL to introduce new concussion rules
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 1
- 2020 SG Ball Round 1
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Round 1
- Jack Brown Wins International Rugby League Wheelchair Golden Boot Award
- Sharks Announce Junior Rep Squads
- Bulldogs Announce 2020 Junior Representative Squads
- Sydney Roosters 2020 Juniors Rep Squads
- Harold Matthews Cup Team Lists Rnd 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Team Lists
- Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Team Lists
- Junior Rep Games Postponed Due to Rain
- History Made In NSWRL SG Ball Competition
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 2
- Sea Eagles record strong win over Knights at Lottoland
- Raiders Junior Reps Wrap Round 1
- England Academy Rugby League Set For March Return
- Mackay makes epic journey for biggest Adrian Vowles Cup yet
- Raiders ambassadors support Wheelchair Rugby League
- Greater Northern Tigers Under 16’s coach Brett Jarrett has made a few minor changes
- Greater Northern Tigers Under 18’s take an unchanged side into Saturday’s Laurie Daley Cup