Mixed weekend for Junior Sharks
Author : Sharks Media
Photo : Steve Montgomery
The Sharks junior rep teams had a mixed weekend, with the SG Ball and Matthews Cup teams going down narrowly to the Eels, while the Tarsha Gale girls enjoyed a win over a strong Newcastle outfit in their respective round two matches.
In what were the first hit-outs for all three Sharks sides following round one wash-outs, the boys in particular showed a little rust due to their lack of game time, with both losing to the Eels in games which could easily have gone the other way.
Fighting back from a 12-6 half time deficit the Matthews Cup Sharks levelled the scores with the Eels, only for the match to be decided by a 37th minute penalty goal as Parramatta went on to win 14-12.
In the SG Ball the Sharks built a handy 18-6 lead at the break, only to be run down in the second period with the Eels registering a 22-18 victory.
While in the Tarsha Gale, in a game played in Cessnock on Sunday, the Sharks girls began their 2020 campaign in fine style, comprehensively beating 2019 runners-up the Knights 34-12.
A try by captain Tegan Dymock in the first minute of play was the perfect start, with the fleet-footed Jaime Chapman crossing for a hat-trick of four-pointers in the six tries to two triumph.
The three Sharks teams are in action again this week, with the Tarsha Gale girls to play the Bulldogs at Belmore, kicking off at 10am, while the Matthews Cup and SG Ball boys travel to Campbelltown Stadium to tackle the Western Suburbs Magpies.
The Matts Cup clash is scheduled for a 11.30am start, the SG Ball getting underway at 2.00pm.
Jaime Chapman 3, Zali Hopkins, Chloe Boston, Tegan Dymock tries, Tiam Hinds 4, Zali Hopkins goal
Koby Douglas, Cruiz Devine tries, Siteni Taukamo 2 goals
Jordan Samrani, Josh Finau, Douglas Levi tries, Romano Cook 3 goals
More posts from this section
- Flegg Sharks Secure Minor Premiership With Win Over Knights
- South Sydney Rabbitoh’s Are The 2019 Jersey Flegg Cup Champions
- Junior Sharks Final Trial Hit Out
- Harold Matthews and SG Ball register wins as season approaches
- NSWRL to introduce new concussion rules
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 1
- 2020 SG Ball Round 1
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Round 1
- Sharks Announce Junior Rep Squads
- Bulldogs Announce 2020 Junior Representative Squads
- Sydney Roosters 2020 Juniors Rep Squads
- Harold Matthews Cup Team Lists Rnd 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Team Lists
- Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Team Lists
- Sharks Junior Rep Teams Lists – Round 1
- Junior Rep Games Postponed Due to Rain
- History Made In NSWRL SG Ball Competition
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 2
- Sea Eagles record strong win over Knights at Lottoland
- Raiders Junior Reps Wrap Round 1