Rugby League Ireland (IRL) Appoint Ireland U16’s Coaching Team
Author : European Rugby League Federation
RLI are delighted to announce the appointment of a new Ireland U16’s Youth coaching team of Bernard Westman, Head Coach, and Conor Gray, Coach.
Bernard has extensive Rugby League playing experience having represented Ireland students in World Cups, European Championships, and also Ireland A’s test series in New Zealand.
Conor has played RL since ‘09 with the Longhorns and Athboy.
Both Bernard and Conor took the opportunity last evening to visit the Athboy Fighting Irish Club’s first youth’s training session under the Government’s latest relaxing of restrictions, photo below.
17 year old Stevie Kane (3rd from left in the photo) came along to try out Rugby League and being a big fan of the sport, Stevie equipped himself well and enthusiastically gave it all for the 2 hour session.
What makes Stevies’ story extra special is that he lives with cerebral palsy and showed the coaches his great strength and determination in not letting it get in the way of his desire to play the game.
In 2022 RLI will be launching Physical Disability Rugby League (PDRL) into Ireland for the first time – a fast growing version of the game, especially in Australia and England with many NRL and Super League clubs fielding teams in PDRL.
We have no doubt that Stevie will be pushing for his place on the Ireland Team next year.
More posts from this section
- Jack Brown Wins International Rugby League Wheelchair Golden Boot Award
- Maltese Juniors Score 98 Points In Representative Pathway Success
- Sharks devoured in road win
- England Community Lions Youth squad named
- St. Helens Academy Lose Out In Season Opener In London
- Turkey Complete Inaugral Junior Season
- NZ Juniors surge to second spot
- European U19s Rugby League Championship Moved To 2021
- Rugby League Federation Ghana Launches Pretty Girls Play Rugby League (Pgprl) Campaign
- Under 15’s Championship To Kick Off This Weekend In Port Vila
- Diamonds Take Out Opening U15s Clash
- Ifira Blackbirds To Make Their Under 15s Debut
- Albanian Youngster Signs with St. Helens
- Inaugural Samoan School of Origin series to kick off today
- Black Birds Hold Diamonds To A Draw To Setup Thrilling Finish In U15s Championship
- 2020 New Zealand Resident 16s Squad Named
- NZ Residents V NZ Maori Residents And NZEL Schools V Clubs Matches Locked In
- Marist win inaugural School of Origin series
- Ba wins Fiji Under-19 title
- Second Phase of Port Moresby RFL competitions to kick off this weekend
- Kila Kila and ECEM progress in Port Moresby Schoolboys Finals
- Finalists for Port Moresby Schools tournaments decided
- Kolkata hosts Rugby League India’s first tournament for 2020
- South Ikebukuro Rabbitohs launch Japan’s first Junior teams
- Draw released for inaugural New Zealand National U20s Competition
- Fiji given permission to restart Schools competitions
- England Academy Rugby League Set For March Return
- NZRL and ARL Announce Major Shift For Junior Rugby League
- Fijian Secondary Schools Girl’s Nines kicks off tomorrow
- Saint Vincent Eagles Wins Vodafone Soqoiwasa Trophy