Parramatta and Canterbury will combine all ages
Author : parraeels.com.au
From next season, Parramatta and Canterbury will combine all ages and divisions from the U13’s up in a combined Parramatta and Canterbury Competition.
Western Sydney Districts join Forces to continue growing the Game in 2022
During the last few seasons, the 20’s to A Grades plus the U14 – U18 girls have been playing in this format. It has provided a wider level of competition across these age groups and as a result, it has seen these age groups grow in numbers.
Last season, albeit only for a few games, the U15 Division 1 boys’ teams across the 3 districts of Parramatta, Canterbury & Western Suburbs combined, prior to the suspension of all competitions due to COVID, the feedback received from all teams was that they enjoyed the opportunity to do this.
With the Western Suburbs district moving to participate with Group 6 in 2022, we have looked at a way to strengthen the game across both, the Canterbury and Parramatta districts.
The U13s up in all divisions will play in the newly combined format and the season will run over 14 rounds.
The regular season will commence from the last weekend in April as below:
Friday night 29th April – U18 Boys
Saturday 30th April – U13 through to U16 (including U14, U16 & U18 Girls)
Sunday 1st May – U20 through to A Grades and Open Women’s
Grading nominations will need to be lodged by Monday 11th April and Re-grading will take place on Monday 6th June after round 6.
All competitions from the U13s up will play in a top 5 format over 4 weekends. These will be in the gala-day style format, where one venue will host the whole age group from division 3 to division 1. The Grand finals will be played over the weekend of 9-11 of September 2022. Further details will be shared with all regarding this prior to the commencement of round 1.
As per all competitions over the past few seasons, they will be governed under NSWRL Conference Competition Handbook and the NSW Community Rugby League Association Policy & Procedures Manual.
These can be found on the below link.
U6 to U12 competitions will remain separate to each district and season information will issue from the junior leagues in due course.
We look forward to the game growing and going from strength to strength with the hope of playing a full season of Rugby League in 2022.
More posts from this section
- Heathcote High School Win University Shield
- Flegg Sharks Secure Minor Premiership
- South Sydney Rabbitoh’s Are The 2019 Jersey Flegg Cup Champions
- Junior Sharks Final Trial Hit Out
- Harold Matthews and SG Ball register wins as season approaches
- NSWRL to introduce new concussion rules
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Round 1 Results
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Results
- Sharks Announce Junior Rep Squads
- Bulldogs Announce 2020 Junior Representative Squads
- Sydney Roosters 2020 Juniors Rep Squads
- Harold Matthews Cup Team Lists Rnd 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Team Lists
- Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Team Lists
- Sharks Junior Rep Teams Lists – Round 1
- Junior Rep Games Postponed Due to Rain
- History Made In NSWRL SG Ball Competition
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 2
- Sea Eagles record strong win over Knights at Lottoland
- Raiders Junior Reps Wrap Round 1
- Tarsha Gale Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- Harold Matthews Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- NSWRL SG Ball Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Round 2 Results
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 2 Results
- NSWRL Junior Reps SG Ball Cup Round 2 Wrap
- NSWRL Junior Reps Harold Matthews Cup Round 2 Wrap
- Rabbitoh’s Junior Reps Round Two Results
- Clinical Panthers punish Central Coast