NSWRL applauds move to resume senior sport
Author : Andre Cupido
The NSWRL is pleased to announce that senior sport competitions, including the Harvey Norman NSW Women’s Premiership, have been cleared to resume from 1 July after the NSW Government’s latest announcement today.
The decision follows last week’s announcement that community football for children in competitions up to and including under 18 comps will also resume next month following the advice from government and health authorities.
NSWRL Chief Executive David Trodden said the decision today was welcome news for Rugby League and all winter sports across the state and would help the community continue to heal after strict measures were introduced to control the threat of coronavirus.
“This is another great result for Rugby League across the state of NSW and I thank the NSW Government for allowing us to resume,” Trodden said.
Trodden said that training (in groups of up to 10) can begin as soon as clubs have complied with the NSWRL’s COVID-19 regulations that have been developed in line with the Australian Government’s “Return to Sport” framework.
More details about specific competitions in the regions and districts across the state will be finalised in the near future.
More posts from this section
- Junior Sharks Final Trial Hit Out
- NSWRL to introduce new concussion rules
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Round 1
- Jack Brown Wins International Rugby League Wheelchair Golden Boot Award
- Sharks Announce Junior Rep Squads
- Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Team Lists
- Sharks Junior Rep Teams Lists – Round 1
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Round 2
- NSWRL Junior Reps Harold Matthews Cup Round 2 Wrap
- Mixed weekend for Junior Sharks
- NSWRL Tarsha Gale Cup Round 3 Team Lists
- Sharks Tarsha Gale girls win on the Bell
- Newcastle Knights Junior Reps Rnd 3 results Big win in Perth and a Grand Final rematch
- Tarsha Gale Roosters Win Second Straight To Start Season
- Two wins for Junior Sharks
- Maltese Juniors Score 98 Points In Representative Pathway Success
- Tarsha Gale Cup Round 4 Team Lists
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Round 4
- Sharks devoured in road win
- NSWWRL Registration Update – Act Now