Sharks Tarsha Gale girls win on the Bell
Story & Photo’s By : Steve Montgomery
Round three of the Tarsha Gale Cup kicked off on Friday night at Belmore Sports Ground between the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks and it was an exciting game from the get go.
The home team came out with all guns blasting controlling the footy for the first 20 minutes of the 1st half.
The Bulldogs were impressive in both attack and defense not letting the Shark have any quality ball at all.
The Bulldogs backs did well to get the ball to big running forward Indee Brown who scored 2 early tries.
A couple more first half tries by Leilani Wilson and Addyson Winterstein gave the home side an 18 nil lead with only a few minutes left in the first.
The Sharks hit back with a try to Jaime Chapman who out ran the Doggies defenders running 60 metre’s to score under the black dot, the Sharks kicker Tia Hinds missed the conversion attempt and we went to the break with the Canterbury Bulldogs girls with a commanding 18 – 4 lead.
The second half saw the Sharks control more of the footy and give away far fewer penalities and clawed their way back into the match with further ties to Tayah Beckett and a second to Sharks speedester Jaime Chapman.
The Score remained Bulldogs 18 – 14 up to the last 2 minutes of the game when Ella Barker scored in the far corner to level the score with 2 minutes 20 on the clock.
The Sharks held the Bulldogs scoreless in the 2nd half.
Sharks winger and kicker Tia Hinds took her time to line up the conversion to win the game for her team and kicked truely, the Sharks fantastic come from behind win will give the girls lots of confidence going into round 4 against the Panthers at home.
The Bulldogs will be making the trip up the highway to take on the Knights at Maitland Sports next weekend and tonight showed they can play good footy and will most likely beat a couple teams this year.
More posts from this section
- Heathcote High School Win University Shield
- Flegg Sharks Secure Minor Premiership With Win Over Knights
- South Sydney Rabbitoh’s Are The 2019 Jersey Flegg Cup Champions
- Junior Sharks Final Trial Hit Out
- Harold Matthews and SG Ball register wins as season approaches
- NSWRL to introduce new concussion rules
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Round 1 Results
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Results
- Sharks Announce Junior Rep Squads
- Bulldogs Announce 2020 Junior Representative Squads
- Sydney Roosters 2020 Juniors Rep Squads
- Harold Matthews Cup Team Lists Rnd 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Team Lists
- Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Team Lists
- Sharks Junior Rep Teams Lists – Round 1
- Junior Rep Games Postponed Due to Rain
- History Made In NSWRL SG Ball Competition
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 2
- Sea Eagles record strong win over Knights at Lottoland