Tarsha Gale Roosters Win Second Straight To Start Season
Author : Sydney Roosters
The Sydney Roosters indigenous Academy survived a tight game and defeated the Penrith Panthers (14-10) in the third round of the Tarsha Gale Cup at Henson Park this Saturday.
It was a strong start for the Roosters with their first try by prop Tymekqwa Ducket, converted by Jada Karam within the first ten minutes of the game.
A boost in will power was obvious as the Roosters took control of the game making it tough for their opponents to hit back. The Roosters defence and team play was fantastic to watch as they continued to dominate the possession of the ball.
The Panthers confidence started to evaporate throughout the first half as the Roosters made it tough for them to come close to the goal line.
The Panthers missed a few opportunities to score a try in the first half, leaving the Roosters with a 6-0 advantage leading into the second half.
As the rain started to kick in, the game slowed down and lead to a few missed opportunities for both teams. However, the Roosters were not impressed by the rain and started off the second half with a brilliant try by winger Shernille Ellis.
While the Roosters were still dominating the game, the Panthers started to find their feet back into the game and responded with two tries in a row. The pace started to pick up once more leading to some individual brilliance by both teams.
It was obvious to see that the Roosters wanted to take home the victory and just as the game came to an end, they hit back once more with the victory try by five-eighth Tayla Montgomery.
The Roosters maintained their grounds throughout this tight game and their brilliant team play and defence has been rewarded with the victory, the second one in a row.
It was a good day for the Roosters as they will continue into the fourth round of the Tarsha Gale Cup with two victories in their pocket.
Tries: Tymekqwa Ducket, Shernille Ellis, Tayla Montgomery
Conversions: 1/3 Jade Karam
More posts from this section
- Flegg Sharks Secure Minor Premiership
- South Sydney Rabbitoh’s Are The 2019 Jersey Flegg Cup Champions
- Junior Sharks Final Trial Hit Out
- Harold Matthews and SG Ball register wins as season approaches
- NSWRL to introduce new concussion rules
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Round 1 Results
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Results
- Sharks Announce Junior Rep Squads
- Bulldogs Announce 2020 Junior Representative Squads
- Sydney Roosters 2020 Juniors Rep Squads
- Harold Matthews Cup Team Lists Rnd 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Team Lists
- Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Team Lists
- Junior Rep Games Postponed Due to Rain
- History Made In NSWRL SG Ball Competition
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 2
- Sea Eagles record strong win over Knights at Lottoland
- Raiders Junior Reps Wrap Round 1
- Tarsha Gale Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- Harold Matthews Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- NSWRL SG Ball Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Round 2 Results
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 2 Results
- NSWRL Junior Reps SG Ball Cup Round 2 Wrap
- NSWRL Junior Reps Harold Matthews Cup Round 2 Wrap
- Rabbitoh’s Junior Reps Round Two Results
- Clinical Panthers punish Central Coast
- Mixed weekend for Junior Sharks
- Late try sinks hopes of second win