Canberra Raiders Junior Reps Round 3
Author : Raiders.com.au
After two gritty wins to start the season, the Canberra Raiders S.G. Ball Cup side will be looking to maintain their record when they face the Victorian Thunderbolts.
Having seen his side come from behind to defeat the Parramatta Eels and New Zealand Warriors respectively, coach Billy Thomson is pleased with the character displayed by the playing group.
“It’s encouraging sign for me but there’s a lot to work on,” Thomson said. “We’re a new side together, we’ve got some young halves in there so there’s a lot to work on.
“The side have been very courageous over the last couple of weeks and the last couple of wins. They’re playing for each other with a lot of purpose. They’re also playing for the jumper which is very important for us.”
Highlights: UNE Harold Matthews Cup Rd 2Highlights: UNE Harold Matthews Cup Rd 2
The side will be aiming to remain at the top of table with a win but Thomson says his side need to improve in defence.
“We spoke in detail this week about our defensive techniques that let us down last week – and there were quite a few of them,” Thomson said. “We put our nose to the grindstone on Wednesday night focusing on all these points and that’s where I’d like to see some improvement.
“We’ve leaked close to 22 points per game and that’s not good enough and the players know that and we’d like to get that number down.
With a short season, Thomson is working hard to ensure his sides continues their momentum and doesn’t take their foot off the peddle when they face the Thunderbolts.
“Rugby league is all about playing off the back of some really good momentum and I think having the start that we’ve established at the moment has given us an opportunity,” Thomson said. “We just need to take that opportunity and make it really work for us as a group.”
Elsewhere, the Canberra Raiders Tarsha Gale Cup side will be looking to maintain their 100 per cent winning record when they host the Wests Tigers.
The Harold Matthews Cup side are guaranteed two competitions points as they enjoy the bye.
More posts from this section
- Flegg Sharks Secure Minor Premiership
- South Sydney Rabbitoh’s Are The 2019 Jersey Flegg Cup Champions
- Junior Sharks Final Trial Hit Out
- Harold Matthews and SG Ball register wins as season approaches
- NSWRL to introduce new concussion rules
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Round 1 Results
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Results
- Sharks Announce Junior Rep Squads
- Bulldogs Announce 2020 Junior Representative Squads
- Sydney Roosters 2020 Juniors Rep Squads
- Harold Matthews Cup Team Lists Rnd 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Team Lists
- Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Team Lists
- Junior Rep Games Postponed Due to Rain
- History Made In NSWRL SG Ball Competition
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 2
- Sea Eagles record strong win over Knights at Lottoland
- Raiders Junior Reps Wrap Round 1
- Tarsha Gale Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- Harold Matthews Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- NSWRL SG Ball Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Round 2 Results
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 2 Results
- NSWRL Junior Reps SG Ball Cup Round 2 Wrap
- NSWRL Junior Reps Harold Matthews Cup Round 2 Wrap
- Rabbitoh’s Junior Reps Round Two Results
- Clinical Panthers punish Central Coast
- Mixed weekend for Junior Sharks
- Late try sinks hopes of second win