Round 1 Results – Sharks Jnr Reps
Author : Sharks Media
The Sharks enjoyed mixed results in their round one junior rep matches played in Canberra on Saturday.
Taking on the Raiders in Tarsha Gale, Matthews Cup and SG Ball fixtures, the Sharks were successful in the first two games on the day, before narrowly going down to Canberra in the SG Ball match.
The Tarsha Gale girls got their season off to a positive start, coming from behind in winning 16-12, the Matthews Cup boys recovered after conceding the first try then dominated their opponents in registering a convincing 28-4 victory, before a spirited second half comeback fell just short for the SG Ball Sharks who went down by 28-24.
In the Tarsha Gale the Sharks were first on the board when Alexander Weir touched down, until a Raiders four-pointer locked the scores up at 4-apiece at the half time break.
A Raiders penalty goal put the home team in front early in the second period, however the Sharks would retake the lead, half back and Captain Zali Hopkins crossing and with the Sophia Griffin conversion the Cronulla side was up 10-6.
The Raiders would again go in front, but showing resilience and determination the Sharks responded, Skye Brennan scoring the match-winner late in the second period of the match.
In the Matthews Cup clash to follow, the Sharks were off to a slow start, giving up first points to their opponents, however from there that knuckled down to the task, assumed control and following tries to Oscar Catton and Lachlan Araullo would lead 10-4 at half time.
The second half was then dominated by the Under-17 Sharks, three more tries, all converted by Dylan Christensen who finished with four goals from five attempts on the day, rounded out an encouraging five tries to one round one win.
The final game of the day In Canberra saw two evenly matched under-19 teams do battle and it appeared the Raiders would prove to be far too good as they ran out to a 20-6 advantage early in the second half.
The Sharks however would mount an impressive comeback, three tries in quick succession seeing them grab a 24-20 advantage and a thrilling come from behind win seemed likely.
The Raiders though would regroup, go ahead 26-24 with a converted try just five minutes from time, before a late penalty goal sealed the Sharks fate.
Of the three Sharks teams, only the Tarsha Gale girls will be in action next week when they play the Bulldogs at PointsBet Stadium on Friday night, with the Matthews and Ball Sharks having a bye.
Alex Weir, Zali Hokpkins, Skye Brennan tries, Sophia Griffin 2 goals
Osca Catton 2, Chevy Stewart, Lachlan Araullo, Lachlan Crossle tries, Dylan Christensen 4 goals
Sam Stonestreet, Will Abou-Arrage, Kobie Wilson, Kade Dykes tries, Ryan Rivett 4 goals
FULL SGB Results and Player Stat’s
More posts from this section
- Heathcote High School Win University Shield
- Flegg Sharks Secure Minor Premiership
- South Sydney Rabbitoh’s Are The 2019 Jersey Flegg Cup Champions
- Junior Sharks Final Trial Hit Out
- Harold Matthews and SG Ball register wins as season approaches
- NSWRL to introduce new concussion rules
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Round 1 Results
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Results
- Sharks Announce Junior Rep Squads
- Bulldogs Announce 2020 Junior Representative Squads
- Sydney Roosters 2020 Juniors Rep Squads
- Harold Matthews Cup Team Lists Rnd 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Team Lists
- Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Team Lists
- Sharks Junior Rep Teams Lists – Round 1
- Junior Rep Games Postponed Due to Rain
- History Made In NSWRL SG Ball Competition
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 2
- Sea Eagles record strong win over Knights at Lottoland
- Raiders Junior Reps Wrap Round 1
- Tarsha Gale Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- Harold Matthews Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- NSWRL SG Ball Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Round 2 Results
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 2 Results
- NSWRL Junior Reps SG Ball Cup Round 2 Wrap
- NSWRL Junior Reps Harold Matthews Cup Round 2 Wrap
- Rabbitoh’s Junior Reps Round Two Results
- Clinical Panthers punish Central Coast