Mixed results for Knights juniors
Author : Newcastle Knights
Mixed results for Knights juniors
Rookie Report, we take a look at the nib Newcastle Knights players developing in the SG Ball Cup, Harvey Norman Tarsha Gale Cup and Harold Matthews Cup competitions.
The junior representative sides had an action-packed day at Cessnock Sports Ground last Saturday with the boys sides tackling the Western Suburbs Magpies while the Tarsha Gale side clashed with the Wests Tigers.
See how each team fared:
SG Ball Cup
The SG Ball side made it two wins from two to the start the year after coming out victors in a high-scoring affair.
The team won 34-26 with Paul Bryan scoring a last minute four-pointer to take the points.
The Magpies crossed first before Chris Vea’ila and Myles Martin put the Knights in front.
The sides traded points for the majority of the game with Fletcher Sharpe, Noah Nailagoliva and Luke Pietzner getting over the stripe for the red and blue.
The Magpies looked to have won the game after scoring in the 64th minute before the Knights came up with the try in the dying stages to seal a sensational victory.
Tarsha Gale Cup
On the reverse side of a last-minute try, the Tarsha Gale Cup team narrowly went down to the Wests Tigers 16-14.
The Tigers scored first in the final game of the day at Cessnock before Shanti Evans and Matilda Jones crossed just before half-time.
The Knights held a 14-6 lead at one stage when Tori Brazier scored, however that is where the scoring would stop for the home side.
The Tigers rallied late to score two tries including one with two minutes to play to snatch victory.
The Knights side will look to respond when they take on the South Sydney Rabbitohs next Saturday in Sydney.
Harold Matthews Cup
The Harold Matthews Cup side suffered a second consecutive defeat going down to the Western Suburbs Magpies 38-20 in the fist game of the day on Saturday.
Navren Willett scored an early try for the home side and would grab a first half-double only a few minutes later.
Zeek Faulkner and Khynan Butler also scored four-pointers for the Knights, but the Magpies proved too strong scoring seven of their own.
The side will look to score their first win of the season when they take on the Rabbitohs in the next round.
More posts from this section
- Flegg Sharks Secure Minor Premiership
- South Sydney Rabbitoh’s Are The 2019 Jersey Flegg Cup Champions
- Junior Sharks Final Trial Hit Out
- Harold Matthews and SG Ball register wins as season approaches
- NSWRL to introduce new concussion rules
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Round 1 Results
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Results
- Sharks Announce Junior Rep Squads
- Bulldogs Announce 2020 Junior Representative Squads
- Sydney Roosters 2020 Juniors Rep Squads
- Harold Matthews Cup Team Lists Rnd 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Team Lists
- Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Team Lists
- Junior Rep Games Postponed Due to Rain
- History Made In NSWRL SG Ball Competition
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 2
- Sea Eagles record strong win over Knights at Lottoland
- Raiders Junior Reps Wrap Round 1
- Tarsha Gale Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- Harold Matthews Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- NSWRL SG Ball Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Round 2 Results
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 2 Results
- NSWRL Junior Reps SG Ball Cup Round 2 Wrap
- NSWRL Junior Reps Harold Matthews Cup Round 2 Wrap
- Rabbitoh’s Junior Reps Round Two Results
- Clinical Panthers punish Central Coast
- Mixed weekend for Junior Sharks
- Late try sinks hopes of second win