Knights Junior Rep Results Good starts roll on for two of our teams
Author : Newcastle Knights
With kickoff to the NRL season fast approaching, our Junior Representative sides have wrapped up the second week of their respective seasons.
After a perfect opening weekend, two of our three teams remain unbeaten after a more mixed weekend of results.
Here’s how all our teams faired this weekend.
SG Ball Cup
Tigers 26 def. Knights 22 (Davis, Ryan, Cant, Williams)
A hat-trick to Balmain winger Harrison Henson, including two tries in the final ten minutes, sunk a spirited Knights fightback at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday afternoon.
After going into the break 18-6 behind, tries to Noah Ryan, Thomas Cant and Lachlan Williams gave the Knights a two point leading heading into the final stages.
A late sin bin to Tigers forward Vaka Aho gave the Knights a sniff, however the heroics of Henson were enough to get the Tigers over the line in a see-sawing encounter.
The Knights now sit 6th on the ladder after two games. (Click to view Ladder, Players Stat’s & more)
Tarsha Gale Cup
Eels 0 def. by Knights 24 (Tevi-Fuimaono, Chester, Middleton, Clancy, Trapman)
There were no such issues for the Tarsha Gale Cup side, who were completely dominant in their clash with the Eels.
It was a first half blitz which had the game all but over before halftime, with centre Mia Middleton again playing a key role in the five tries to nil rout.
Forwards Bree Chester and Kyhamoana Tevi-Fuimaono also got on the scoresheet, with interchanges Sophie Clancy and Janaya Chapman adding to the Eels’ misery off the bench.
The win saw the Knights rocket to the top of the table on points differential, having conceded just one try in the 120 minutes of football played thus far.
Harold Matthews Cup
Tigers 10 def. by Knights 22 (Ferguson 2, Sharpe 2)
It was a similar story for our under 17s, with a first-half double to centre Fletcher Sharpe shutting the gate before halftime.
Mark O’Meley’s men got off to the perfect start, with fullback Ethan Ferguson crossing in just the 2nd minute of the game
More posts from this section
- Flegg Sharks Secure Minor Premiership
- South Sydney Rabbitoh’s Are The 2019 Jersey Flegg Cup Champions
- Junior Sharks Final Trial Hit Out
- Harold Matthews and SG Ball register wins as season approaches
- NSWRL to introduce new concussion rules
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Round 1 Results
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Results
- Sharks Announce Junior Rep Squads
- Bulldogs Announce 2020 Junior Representative Squads
- Sydney Roosters 2020 Juniors Rep Squads
- Harold Matthews Cup Team Lists Rnd 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Team Lists
- Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Team Lists
- Junior Rep Games Postponed Due to Rain
- History Made In NSWRL SG Ball Competition
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 2
- Sea Eagles record strong win over Knights at Lottoland
- Raiders Junior Reps Wrap Round 1
- Tarsha Gale Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- Harold Matthews Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- NSWRL SG Ball Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Round 2 Results
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 2 Results
- NSWRL Junior Reps SG Ball Cup Round 2 Wrap
- NSWRL Junior Reps Harold Matthews Cup Round 2 Wrap
- Rabbitoh’s Junior Reps Round Two Results
- Clinical Panthers punish Central Coast
- Mixed weekend for Junior Sharks
- Late try sinks hopes of second win