NSWRL TV to bring more than 100 games to fans
Author : NSWRL Media Release
The NSWRL is thrilled to announce the launch of NSWRL TV which will see Rugby League fans across the state treated to a live stream of all the action from more than 100 games across all competitions in 2021.
The dedicated channel for all NSWRL matches and content will be housed on the NSWRL Facebook page and will live stream games from the opening round of Junior Representatives on 6 February.
The competitions to be live streamed include the Harold Matthews Cup, Andrew Johns Cup, SG Ball Cup, Harvey Norman Tarsha Gale Cup, Laurie Daley Cup, Harvey Norman NSW Women’s Premiership, NSW Cup as well as Group competitions in regional NSW.
“The NSWRL has always been committed to our fans and NSWRL TV represents an opportunity for us to showcase our competitions from Manly to Mudgee,” said NSWRL Chief Commercial Officer Jodie Cross.
“Fans will be able to tune in to the NSWRL Facebook page every weekend and catch all the skills on offer from our junior stars through to our senior players.
“This is a significant investment by the NSWRL and I’m looking forward to all the opportunities it will provide this season and the future for keeping our stakeholders connected.”
The NSWRL trialled live streaming games in 2020 to provide another service to NSW Rugby League fans when the COVID-19 pandemic restricted the number of people who could attend matches.
The results were strong with 45,000 fans tuning in on average for the Presidents Cup competition in 2020, a unique competition involving teams from regional NSW and the Sydney metropolitan area.
One of the most popular live streams saw 85,000 viewers tune in for the Group 9 Preliminary Final between the Tumut Blues and Young Cherrypickers which reflects the appetite for all NSWRL competitions.
Fans will be able to catch all the action this season on https://www.facebook.com/NSWRL
More posts from this section
- Flegg Sharks Secure Minor Premiership With Win Over Knights
- South Sydney Rabbitoh’s Are The 2019 Jersey Flegg Cup Champions
- Junior Sharks Final Trial Hit Out
- Harold Matthews and SG Ball register wins as season approaches
- NSWRL to introduce new concussion rules
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 1
- 2020 SG Ball Round 1
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Round 1
- Sharks Announce Junior Rep Squads
- Bulldogs Announce 2020 Junior Representative Squads
- Sydney Roosters 2020 Juniors Rep Squads
- Harold Matthews Cup Team Lists Rnd 1
- 2020 SG Ball Cup Team Lists
- Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Team Lists
- Junior Rep Games Postponed Due to Rain
- History Made In NSWRL SG Ball Competition
- 2020 Harold Matthews Round 2
- Sea Eagles record strong win over Knights at Lottoland
- Raiders Junior Reps Wrap Round 1
- Tarsha Gale Cup Round 2 Team Lists
- Mackay makes epic journey for biggest Adrian Vowles Cup yet
- Raiders ambassadors support Wheelchair Rugby League
- Greater Northern Tigers Under 16’s coach Brett Jarrett has made a few minor changes
- Greater Northern Tigers Under 18’s take an unchanged side into Saturday’s Laurie Daley Cup
- Panthers Jersey Flegg Trial Teamlist Panthers v Eels