Milperra Colts celebrating 50 years with an upgrade
Author : Zoe Hamilton
Photo from milperracolts.com.au.
NSWRL Blue Shield Club Milperra Colts set to relaunch ahead of their 50th season with brand new facilities at their home ground Killara Reserve, when Rugby League returns.
The new facilities offer female friendly dressing rooms and shower facilities enabling the club to further grow the female game. Milperra Colts already boast three tackle and oen Monarch Blues tag female teams who will now have the same access as the boys to utilise the dressing shed now that showers are partitioned.
Club Secretary Dave Harrigan said: “By providing a fresh modern look with individual cubicles for showers, we can now offer privacy and a much more pleasant atmosphere when compared to the male dominated historical design of a three-shower head open style shower that was in place.
“Our ability to now attract players from the diverse community has seen our player registrations top 200 for the first time in close to 10 years.”
Many other works have been completed of which include, new canteen facilities, toilets, function area and a club history wall to name a few. Sponsors will also benefit from the upgrade with new signage being installed to proudly show off their support of the Colts.
The club are proud of their new home which will be completed by the end of April, and are looking forward to when the game returns.
“Grassroots Rugby League is the future of the game, and the investment, both financial and physical, has been huge,” Harrigan said.
“We are seeing the benefits already via the increased participation rates at Milperra Colts and we hope to be able to improve on the experience while ensuring the facilities we offer are inclusive and considerate of the individual needs of anyone that wants to be involved in the greatest game of all.”
More posts from this section
- Heathcote High School Win University Shield
- Flegg Sharks Secure Minor Premiership
- Junior Sharks Final Trial Hit Out
- NSWRL to introduce new concussion rules
- Sharks Announce Junior Rep Squads
- Sharks Junior Rep Teams Lists – Round 1
- NSWRL Junior Reps Harold Matthews Cup Round 2 Wrap
- Mixed weekend for Junior Sharks
- Sharks Tarsha Gale girls win on the Bell
- Two wins for Junior Sharks
- No changes to NSWRL Junior Rugby League season
- Unbeaten run ends for Tarsha Gale Sharks
- Cronulla Sharks Matthews Cup dominant, SG Ball Sharks falter late
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT – From Jrl Cancellation Of Training And Trial Matches
- Cronulla Sharks Tarsha Gale back on track
- Junior Sharks score vital wins
- NSWRL suspends all competitions over COVID-19
- Major second-tier competitions cancelled across Australia
- Gymea Gorilla’s JRLFC Corea Oval Re-Opens after $640,000 Upgrade
- Milperra Colts celebrating 50 years with an upgrade
- NSWRL Covid-19 Update for Clubs : Major and Pathways Competitions
- COVID-19 Update: Community Football and Major Competitions
- Grassroots Rugby League set to re-start in NSW in July
- Update: Community Competitions 2020
- NSWRL Have No Permission to start footy
- NSWRL Community Football to resume in July
- NSWRL applauds move to resume senior sport
- COVID-19 update: Training in groups of up to 20 from 13 June
- Under 18s join as Bundaberg say ‘yes’
- Volunteer recruitment campaign