England Women defeat Wales in impressive showing
Author : England Rugby League
England Women earned an emphatic 60-0 victory over Wales in their first international outing since 2019 at Warrington’s Halliwell Jones Stadium.
There were ten different scorers for Craig Richards’ side with Captain Emily Rudge notching a double. International debutants Fran Goldthorp and Hollie Dodd also found themselves on the scoresheet.
Carrie Roberts – making her first international appearance since 2015 – opened the scoring for the hosts after just two minutes however Wales would keep England from adding to their early score until midway through the first half.
Tara Jones would eventually capitalise on a Welsh mistake before St Helens teammate Jodie Cunningham powered her way over. Shona Hoyle would complete a run of three tries inside six minutes for England.
With nine minutes remaining in the first half, Leeds winger Goldthorp would score out wide after going close earlier in the evening. Georgia Roche rounded off the first half scoring under the posts to give Richards’ side a 34-0 lead at the interval.
Rudge sliced through the Welsh defence just seconds after the break to continue where England left off prior to half-time. Caitlin Beevers followed with a try on the 50-minute mark.
Georgia Wilson entered the fray for the final 20 minutes and found her herself on the receiving end of a looping pass before Rudge doubled her account for the evening.
Castleford Tigers youngster Hollie Dodd finished the scoring with some neat footwork just before the full-time hooter.
England Women: Tara Stanley, Fran Golthorp, Carrie Roberts, Amy Hardcastle, Caitlin Beevers; Georgia Roche, Beth Stott; Grace Field, Tara Jones, Paige Travis, Vicky Molyneux, Emily Rudge, Jodie Cunningham.
England Interchanges: Shona Hoyle, Chantelle Crowl, Hollie Dodd, Georgia Wilson.
TRIES : Roberts, Jones, Cunningham, Hoyle, Goldthorp, Roche, Rudge (2), Beevers, Wilson, Dodd
GOALS : Stanley 6, Stott 2
Wales Women :
Kathryn Salter, Jess McAuley, Lowri Norkett, Seren Gough-Walters, Eleri Michael; Amberley Ruck, Shaunni Davies; Lauren Aitkin, Ffion Lewis, Sara Prosser, Emily Hughes, Charley Mundy, Rafiuke Taylor.
Wales Interchanges: Carys Marsh, Keira McCosh, Danyelle Dinapoli, Sara Jones.
Referee: Aaron Moore
More posts from this section
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Results
- Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 1 Team Lists
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 2 Results
- NSWRL Tarsha Gale Cup Round 3 Team Lists
- Sharks Tarsha Gale girls win on the Bell
- Newcastle Knights Junior Reps Rnd 3 results Big win in Perth and a Grand Final rematch
- Tarsha Gale Roosters Win Second Straight To Start Season
- Tarsha Gale Cup Round 4 Team Lists
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Round 4 Results
- Tarsha Gale Sharks keep unbeaten record intact
- 2020 Tarsha Gale Cup Rnd 5 Results
- Tarsha Gale Cup Round 5 Team Lists
- Unbeaten run ends for Tarsha Gale Sharks
- Tarsha Gale Cup Round 6 Team Lists
- Harvey Norman Women’s Premiership Round 1 Team Lists
- NSWRL Coronavirus Statement
- Cronulla Sharks Tarsha Gale back on track
- NSWRL suspends all competitions over COVID-19
- NSWRL 2020 statewide competitions cancelled
- Major second-tier competitions cancelled across Australia
- Update: Community Competitions 2020
- NSWRL Have No Permission to start footy
- NSWRL Community Football to resume in July
- NSWRL applauds move to resume senior sport
- COVID-19 update: Training in groups of up to 20 from 13 June
- Volunteer recruitment campaign
- New guidelines in place for rugby league’s return
- Rugby League Federation Ghana Launches Pretty Girls Play Rugby League (Pgprl) Campaign
- Bulldogs to host Roosters in revamped Womens Premiership opener
- Harvey Norman Woman’s Premiership Sharks get it on with Magpies – Team List