Schoolboys Cup Victorian qualifier
Author : Kelsey Hogan News Corp Sports @kelseyhogan99
Hallam Senior College v The Grange, NRL Schoolboys Cup Victorian qualifier
A hat-trick from Suliasi Prescott in the first 15 minutes paved the way for a big Grange win over Hallam in the NRL Schoolboys Cup qualifiers.
A brilliant display from star hooker Suliasi Prescott has led competition newcomers The Grange favourites to a pulsating 32-18 victory over Hallam College in Round 2 of the NRL Schoolboys Victorian qualifiers.
Prescott, who has been named in the Under-18s Australian Schoolboys train-on-squad, broke Hallam College’s heart, scoring a hat-trick in the first 15 minutes of the Victorian clash at Casey fields on Thursday.
Prescott, who is in his final year of the competition, told News Corp he was “proud of his team playing with only one sub’, with multiple squad members out with the flu.
“We were going to forfeit the game today, but we told the coach we could do it and we were in it. So we’re really happy with the win.”
“The kick and chases are just something I like doing when I see there’s no fullback, I have a little go.
“Last year we lost to Hallam and this year I thought they would be the best in the Victorian comp, so it’s really exciting.
“We would love to play in the NRL Schoolboys. It would mean a lot.”
Despite Hallam’s emphatic 38-0 win against Mt Ridley in the competition opener last week, there were ominous signs for the eastern suburbs side when Prescott crossed the line for the third time with an impressive chip-kick solo try.
But Hallam College refused to lie down and roared to life in the second half on the back of some thunderous carries from their middle forwards, Storm-contracted utility Josiah Neli led from the front.
But in the end, The Grange put up a stout defensive effort, turning away a series of Hallam raids in the final few minutes and finishing with a convincing 14-point victory.
Hallam College’s message was made loud and clear in last week’s opening clash – they’re ready to win this year’s NRL Schoolboy Cup Victorian qualifier.
And they are ready to run through the competition to do it. …READ…MORE…
More posts from this section
- Heathcote High Create Their Own Little Bit Of History
- Kirwan Shock Football World By Defeating Westfields
- Junior Sharks Final Trial Hit Out
- NSWRL to introduce new concussion rules
- Jack Brown Wins International Rugby League Wheelchair Golden Boot Award
- Maltese Juniors Score 98 Points In Representative Pathway Success
- Sharks devoured in road win
- NSWWRL Registration Update – Act Now
- England Community Lions Youth squad named
- St. Helens Academy Lose Out In Season Opener In London
- Turkey Complete Inaugral Junior Season
- NZ Juniors surge to second spot
- NSWRL 2020 statewide competitions cancelled
- Major second-tier competitions cancelled across Australia
- European U19s Rugby League Championship Moved To 2021
- Update: Community Competitions 2020
- NSWRL Community Football to resume in July
- NSWRL applauds move to resume senior sport
- COVID-19 update: Training in groups of up to 20 from 13 June
- Volunteer recruitment campaign