Bass High v St Dominic’s College
Author : Matthew Elkerton News Corp Sports
Bass High v St Dominic’s College, Peter Mulholland Cup
They are the only comprehensive school in the Peter Mulholland Cup and Bass High where it like a badge of honour. Watch their season opener against St Dominic’s LIVE at 12pm, Wednesday.
Patrician Brothers chant after big win over Farrer.
Don’t miss out on the headlines from Rugby League Live Stream. Followed categories will be added to My News.
It is the only comprehensive school in the Peter Mulholland Cup, and Bass High wears it like a badge of honour.
The ultimate underdogs in the elite schoolboys league competition, coach Jon Wilson has instilled a sense of hard work in his students which sees early morning wake-ups and full-squad commitment a cornerstone of the school’s success.
The six-time University Shield champions will need every bit of that toughness and resilience as they prepare for a tough battle with Western Sydney rivals St Dominic’s on Wednesday.
The game will be exclusively live streamed by The Daily Telegraph at 12pm as part of a season-long deal to showcase the best emerging rugby league talent in the state.
Wilson, who also coaches the St George Dragons Tarsha Gale Cup side, believes his side will show an increased competitiveness in 2022 with most of his squad returning for this campaign.
“We are constantly trying to change up our game,” Wilson said. “We are basically trying to get more combinations on the field, we were a bit off the pace in that area last year.
“The players don’t get time off during the day to train together. Our boys are out there on the field at 6.30 and 7am before school each morning.
“A lot of our boys were in the younger age last year. I think we will be more on the pace this season.”
St Dominic’s have been one of the unsung school sides heading into the Peter Mulholland Cup season, but there is always plenty brewing at the foot of the mountains.
The Penrith school has been a production factory for exciting playmakers including Greg Alexander, Brad Fitler and more recently Nathan Cleary and appear to have another leading the way in captain Liam Ison.
Ison was impressive for SG Ball premiers Penrith to start the season earlier this year, before he was cruelled by injury and missed the Panthers sizzling run to the title.
St Dominic’s coach Kyle Churchill said his side possessed the talent to shock the competition this season.
“I don’t think there’ll be much expectation on us and that’s something we are pretty excited about,” Churchill said.
“We’re probably going to have a bit of shock value and we’re backing the way that we’re going to play is going to be a little different.”
ROUND 1 SCHEDULE
Tuesday, May 31
Wednesday, June 1
12pm: Endeavour Sports High 20 – 14 Patrician Brothers Blacktown (Action Photo’s Friday)
Wednesday, June 8
12pm: St Dominic’s v Bass High
11am: The Grange P-12 College v Hallam College
Thursday, June 9
Westfields Sports High v Hills Sports High
Ipswich SHS 24 – 16 Keebra Park SHS
Aaron Payne Cup
Mackay State High School 0 – 32 St Patrick’s College
Action Photo Galleries
More posts from this section
- Heathcote High Create Their Own Little Bit Of History
- Kirwan Shock Football World By Defeating Westfields
- Major second-tier competitions cancelled across Australia
- 2020 Sydney Metro Schoolboy Cup Kicks Off With New Sponsor
- Big Scores in Rnd 1 of the 2020 Schoolboy Cup
- NSW Schoolboy Cup – Rnd 2
- Patrician Bro’s Blacktown home in 9 try romp
- St. Gregory Schoolboy Cup Quarter final report
- Endeavour sail on after broadsiding Illawarra in Schoolboy Cup Qtr Final
- Schoolboy Cup Semi Finals
- Schoolboy Cup – Semi Finals
- Pats Blacktown Set Up Grand Final Blockbuster
- NRL Schoolboy Cup 2020: Westfields Sports High vs Patrician Brothers Blacktown
- Patrician Brothers win 2020 Schoolboy Cup
- Patties seal Grand Final in last minutes
- NSW Schoolboy Cup Teams of the Year
- Schoolboy Cup Kicks off this week
- 2021 Schoolboy Cup Round 1 Results
- Holy Cross defeats All Saints
- Schoolboy Cup Rnd 1 Patrician Brothers Blacktown v Endeavour Sports
- Schoolboy Cup Rnd 1 Endeavour Sports defeats Patrician Brothers Blacktown
- Schoolboy Cup Rnd 1 St Gregory’s College v Hunter Sports High
- Schoolboy Cup Rnd 1 Bass High v St Dominic’s College
- Westfields Sports High strong comeback to beat Hills Sports High
- Schoolboy Cup Round 1 Bass High v St Dominic’s College
- Illawarra Sports High beat Erindale College in thriller
- 2021 Schoolboy Cup Round 2 Results
- Patrician Brothers Fairfield defeat Holy Cross College
- Schoolboy Cup Rnd 2 Endeavour and Hills get it on at Shark Park
- NRL Schoolboy Cup Hills SHS scores comeback win over Endeavour