St. Gregory Schoolboy Cup Quarter final report
Author : St. Gregory College, Campbelltown
Today our boys went into the game underdogs, up against an imposing Blacktown team who boast many high representative players and have been in the top 3 sides in the state for many years.
Unfortunately to start the game we were without our 5/8 Ward, fullback Fitzsimmons, utility Aslan, and front rower Rappatoni, 4 players who offer a lot of creativity and leadership. However, bringing in some young players to debut is what it is also all about and being able to adapt and play for the jersey as Burkie said in her jersey presentation speech.
Blacktown played a very polished game with minimal mistakes and going up 12-0 after 10 mins. Our boys finally got their head in the game, pressuring their line for 10 mins we made it 12-10 with tries to Lindsay Munro and Liam Sutton.
Our boys definitely has the belief they could give this competition a shake. Unfortunately we lost our momentum in the last 5 minutes of the half and switched off defensively to be down 22-10 at halftime.
Coming out we knew we had to be first to score, we went close on multiple occasions which could of changed the direction the rest of the game went.
Unfortunately we let one moment change the game, allowing their hooker go up the middle and create a big break with some offloads and outrageous kicks to score a try against the run of play.
The boys couldn’t wrangle back the momentum from the powerful Blacktown team who has their tails up and conceded a few tries in the middle of the second half.
We got back up though and put on a couple quick tries to Raiden Crowe and Liam Sutton again to give ourselves the slimmest of chances 40-22. With some injuries throughout the game our boys just couldn’t bring it home and gave up couple tries towards the end making the final score 52-22 in a tough loss.
Well done to the Players player was Liam Sutton with two tries and tough defensive efforts.
Thank you to everyone that supported the boys through the tough year! Thank you to staff that help the boys get ready and have the opportunity to put that jersey on again. Thank you to Lifestyle and Sports Physiotherapy for providing Jake Lombardo for our campaign helping the boys on game day.
Most importantly thank you and well done to the boys who showed pride in the jersey and ripped in all year at training not knowing if they would get to play or not!
More posts from this section
- Heathcote High Create Their Own Little Bit Of History
- Kirwan Shock Football World By Defeating Westfields
- Major second-tier competitions cancelled across Australia
- 2020 Sydney Metro Schoolboy Cup Kicks Off With New Sponsor
- Big Scores in Rnd 1 of the 2020 Schoolboy Cup
- NSW Schoolboy Cup – Rnd 2
- Patrician Bro’s Blacktown home in 9 try romp
- St. Gregory Schoolboy Cup Quarter final report
- Endeavour sail on after broadsiding Illawarra in Schoolboy Cup Qtr Final
- Schoolboy Cup Semi Finals
- Schoolboy Cup – Semi Finals
- Pats Blacktown Set Up Grand Final Blockbuster
- NRL Schoolboy Cup 2020: Westfields Sports High vs Patrician Brothers Blacktown
- Patrician Brothers win 2020 Schoolboy Cup
- Patties seal Grand Final in last minutes
- NSW Schoolboy Cup Teams of the Year
- Schoolboy Cup Kicks off this week
- 2021 Schoolboy Cup Round 1 Results
- Holy Cross defeats All Saints
- Schoolboy Cup Rnd 1 Patrician Brothers Blacktown v Endeavour Sports
- Schoolboy Cup Rnd 1 Endeavour Sports defeats Patrician Brothers Blacktown
- Schoolboy Cup Rnd 1 St Gregory’s College v Hunter Sports High
- Schoolboy Cup Rnd 1 Bass High v St Dominic’s College
- Westfields Sports High strong comeback to beat Hills Sports High
- Schoolboy Cup Round 1 Bass High v St Dominic’s College
- Illawarra Sports High beat Erindale College in thriller
- 2021 Schoolboy Cup Round 2 Results
- Patrician Brothers Fairfield defeat Holy Cross College
- Schoolboy Cup Rnd 2 Endeavour and Hills get it on at Shark Park
- NRL Schoolboy Cup Hills SHS scores comeback win over Endeavour