Wynnum Women defeat Souths in Round 2
Author : Match Report WMS News
The Seagulls had a strong first game of the season, scoring eight tries against Souths Logan on Sunday 14th March at Davies Park in the Harvey Norman U19s.
Chelsea Campbell scored the first try for the Seagulls 9 minutes into the match off a dropped ball error from Souths.
Souths fought back quickly with a try from Rialey Baty (14’). A successful conversion to by Charmayne Pakura (15’) put Souths in the front with the score 4-6.
Emma Barnes (23’) responded for the Seagulls with a try from dummy half, before Raven Tihema-Mako followed with a successful conversion bringing the score to 10-6.
Jayda Lofipo went over in the 28th minute and Raven Tihema-Mako once again converted (29’) to take the half time score to 16-6.
The Seagulls started strong in the second half with Jayde Herdegen slicing through the line to find Barnes (32′), who scored next to the posts.
Helen Uitulagi secured the Seagulls fifth try soon after in the 34th minute.
The conversion was successful by Raven Tihema-Mako bringing the score to 26-6.
A Souths error then allowed for Sierra Maple (38′) to secure another 4 points for the Seagulls.
In the 48th minute, Chelsea Campbell made a line break and took the Seagulls over the line for another try to extend the lead 34-6.
On the back of a penalty, Seagulls’ Sierra Maple went over for her second try of the match in the 52nd minute.
Souths went over in the dying minutes with a try in the right hand corner, bringing the final score to 38-10.
More posts from this section
- Harvey Norman Women’s Premiership Round 1 Team Lists
- NSWRL Coronavirus Statement
- NSWRL 2020 statewide competitions cancelled
- NSWRL applauds move to resume senior sport
- Rugby League Federation Ghana Launches Pretty Girls Play Rugby League (Pgprl) Campaign
- Bulldogs to host Roosters in revamped Womens Premiership opener
- Harvey Norman Woman’s Premiership Sharks get it on with Magpies – Team List
- NSW COMPETITIONS – FIXTURES AND RESULTS
- 2020 Harvey Norman Women’s Premiership Round 3
- Sharks v Rabbitohs – HNWP Team List
- Wests Tigers women post strong win over Bulldogs
- Sharks women continue unbeaten run
- Sharks v Tigers – HNWP Team List
- Curtain masterclass sees Tigers record impressive win
- Womens Premiership side to face Sharks for finals berth
- Wests Tigers women set for last tune-up before finals
- Sharks women’s bounce into finals with Bulldogs win
- Central Coast Roosters Claim Minor Premiership With Win Over Bears
- Origin stars headline NSW Women’s Premiership Finals Series
- Wests Tigers women defeat Bulldogs in Elimination Final
- Roosters expecting ambush in Grand Final qualifier
- Sharks girls downed in golden point thrillerSharks girls downed in golden point thriller
- Central Coast Grand Final a reward for determination
- Wests Tigers confirm extended NSW Women’s Premiership squad
- Wests Tigers women produce statement win in season opener
- Wynnum Women defeat Souths in Round 2
- HNWP Sharks crush the Reds
- Sharks girls tame the Tigers
- Sharks women outclass Magpies in Monday night footy
- Around the Grounds NSWRL Round 13 Wrap