Central Coast Roosters Claim Minor Premiership With Win Over Bears
Author : Sydney Roosters
The Central Coast Roosters have claimed the NSWRL Harvey Norman Minor Premiership after a 16-6 win over the North Sydney Bears on Sunday afternoon.
In what was billed as the match of the round with the in-form North Sydney Bears, the Central Coast Roosters had work to do on their home turf.
Both sides were going set-for-set early until Roosters hooker Kylie Hilder put on a play close to the line and passed to an unmarked Tayla Predebon who crashed over under the posts.
Melanie Howard converted the try to take the half time score to 6-0.
Ten minutes into the second half it was the Bears who scored next through fullback Shanice Parker, and converted by Kirra Dibb.
The Roosters then took their game to another level with centre Jayme Fressard crossing for two tries through well placed kicks by Melanie Howard.
It was destined to be the match of the round, and this battle of brilliance definitely lived up to the hype but the Roosters dominant efforts in the last 20 minutes earn’t them the win.
The Roosters were too strong in the end, running out winners and sealing the minor premiership with a great team effort.
TRIES: Tayla Predebon, Jayme Fressard x2
CONVERSIONS: Melanie Howard 2/3
More posts from this section
- Harvey Norman Women’s Premiership Round 1 Team Lists
- NSWRL Coronavirus Statement
- NSWRL 2020 statewide competitions cancelled
- NSWRL applauds move to resume senior sport
- Rugby League Federation Ghana Launches Pretty Girls Play Rugby League (Pgprl) Campaign
- Bulldogs to host Roosters in revamped Womens Premiership opener
- Harvey Norman Woman’s Premiership Sharks get it on with Magpies – Team List
- NSW COMPETITIONS – FIXTURES AND RESULTS
- 2020 Harvey Norman Women’s Premiership Round 3
- Sharks v Rabbitohs – HNWP Team List
- Wests Tigers women post strong win over Bulldogs
- Sharks women continue unbeaten run
- Sharks v Tigers – HNWP Team List
- Curtain masterclass sees Tigers record impressive win
- Womens Premiership side to face Sharks for finals berth
- Wests Tigers women set for last tune-up before finals
- Sharks women’s bounce into finals with Bulldogs win
- Central Coast Roosters Claim Minor Premiership With Win Over Bears
- Origin stars headline NSW Women’s Premiership Finals Series
- Wests Tigers women defeat Bulldogs in Elimination Final
- Roosters expecting ambush in Grand Final qualifier
- Sharks girls downed in golden point thrillerSharks girls downed in golden point thriller
- Central Coast Grand Final a reward for determination
- Wests Tigers confirm extended NSW Women’s Premiership squad
- Wests Tigers women produce statement win in season opener
- Wynnum Women defeat Souths in Round 2
- HNWP Sharks crush the Reds
- Sharks girls tame the Tigers
- Sharks women outclass Magpies in Monday night footy
- Around the Grounds NSWRL Round 13 Wrap