QRL Coronavirus Statement
Author : Michael Hillier QRL Media
The Queensland Rugby League wish to advise all statewide competition matches will proceed this weekend as scheduled.
As part of the ongoing response to COVID-19 or coronavirus, the QRL continues to monitor the situation carefully and is taking advice daily from National Rugby League and government representatives.
In addition, the QRL is in constant contact with its clubs ahead of the opening round of the Intrust Super Cup, BHP Premiership, Hastings Deering Colts and Auswide Bank Mal Meninga Cup this weekend.
The highest priority of the QRL is the health and wellbeing of participants, fans and all other stakeholders.
As such, the QRL supports the NRL’s COVID-19 guidelines and recommends all practices are implemented where possible by clubs
These guidelines are designed to protect the health of the people within the rugby league community and to do our best to assist the broader community effort to slow the spread of the virus.
With regards to community level rugby league, the hosting of competitions and / or trial games this weekend are at the discretion of the relevant local league.
As this is a rapidly changing situation, further advice will be provided during the week commencing March 16.
More posts from this section
- Kirwan Shock Football World By Defeating Westfields
- Norths Devils U16 Development Squad Training Commences
- 2020 Mal Meninga Cup Round 1
- QRL Mal Meninga Cup Round 1 Team Lists
- QRL Coronavirus Statement
- QRL has suspended its statewide competitions and community leagues, effective immediately.
- 2020 Mal Meninga Cup Round 2
- 2020 QRL statewide competitions cancelled
- Major second-tier competitions cancelled across Australia
- Under 18s join as Bundaberg say ‘yes’
- Volunteer recruitment campaign
- Gary a guiding hand for young Murri players
- Schoolboy Cup kicks off in Queensland with Solid Win to Marsden SHS
- Marsden State High School Broncos Cup
- Keebra Park Rugby League Academy
- Mulga Cup a great excuse to head west
- St Brendan’s College take championship with 26-10 win.
- Gold Coast derby to decide Allan Langer Trophy
- Marsden into Bronco’s Cup Grand Final
- Footy finals fever at Redcliffe SHS