Patrician Brothers Fairfield v Farrer MAHS
Author : Matthew Elkerton News Corp Sports
Peter Mulholland Cup Rnd 1 Patrician Brothers Fairfield v Farrer MAHS
Patrician Brothers Fairfield have kicked off their Peter Mulholland Cup campaign in emphatic fashion. WATCH the full match replay.
Don’t miss out on the headlines from Rugby League Live Stream. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Patrician Brothers Fairfield broke the country kid’s hearts with a 64-0 pummelling in Tuesday’s Peter Mulholland Schoolboys Cup opener, livestreamed exclusively by New Corp.
Hosting the boys from Tamworth, Fairfield showed no mercy towards their country visitors, Farrer MAHS, opening the scoreboard in just the fourth minute of game one to ignite an eleven try thrashing.
Fairfield’s dream start to their schoolboy’s campaign was built largely on the back of an impressive display from an impressive attacking backline including fullback Taj’h Colquhoun.
Colquhoun, 17 who was dominant in the No.1 jersey for the boys from Western Sydney was impressed with his 2022 outfit.
“Our completion rate from the start to the end of the game was pretty good, how we completed our sets,” Colquohoun told News Corp.
“We all played pretty good, but the person I thought stood out the most was Jordan Miller and Billy Arena scored four tries.
“I think now we’ll work on our talk in attack and defence and just gelling a bit more with the younger blokes coming up.”
The Harold Matthews Western Suburbs Magpies premiership kicker showed his talent off the tee, converting eight from eleven of his sides tries.
Fairfield star hooker Yehya Ayache also headlined an impressive performance for Fairfield, linking up with flying finisher Billy Arena who crossed the line on four occasions.
Despite the thrashing, the boys from the bush showed some promising signs for Farrer MAHS in their first hit out with second rower Logan Spinks making impressive metres from the forward pack.
Patrician Brothers Fairfield will take on Holy Cross College in Round 2 of the Peter Mulholland Schoolboys Cup and Farrer MAHS will prepare to clash with All Saints Maitland.
PREVIEW: Farrer have Sykes power for Peter Mulholland Cup
The Sykes brothers mean business in 2022.
The bulldozing brothers, who grew up on the family farm at Mungindi in Northern NSW, will be crucial to the Farrer MAHS engine room in the Peter Mulholland Cup.
They will be front and centre as Farrer kicks off the Peter Mulholland Cup against Patrician Brothers, Fairfield in a match exclusively live streamed by The Daily Telegraph.
They are no-nonsense, aggressive front-rowers whose commitment to their craft cannot be questioned according to Farrer coach Ethan Sherlock.
Even when they were both struck down by Covid-19 in the pre-season and forced to isolate back home, they refused to take a day off instead doing pre-season by distance. More than 350km away.
“They raise the bar in intensity, they are aggressive and like to fight at training,” Sherlock said.
“They love getting into it on the training field. I don’t have to oppose them in our training sessions, they pick each other out.
“They both were in isolation with Covid during the pre-season in term one, but they were messaging me to see what training session we had on.
They found out we were doing wrestling work and they got into each other out in the backyard for three hours. I would absolutely believe it. That is their commitment.”
Farrer MAHS will need the Sykes intensity across their squad as they open the Peter Mulholland Cup season against an experienced Patrician Brothers, Fairfield.
The Patties side, which is led by former NRL hard man Frank Pritchard, has 17 players returning for this year’s schoolboys’ competition.
Pritchard admitted the Patrician Brothers pre-season had been stop-start due to the wet weather which has gripped Sydney for the past two months.
“There was times where we couldn’t train together,” Pritchard said. “We had a few boys playing representative footy, the rain hit us pretty hard. We had a few boys sick with Covid-19. It has been a disruption.
“We’ve had a few hit outs now so it is about fine tuning those combinations on the field.”
Peter Mulholland Cup
Tuesday, May 31
11am: Farrer MAHS v Patrician Brothers, Fairfield
New Era Stadium, Cabramatta
1. Jordan Whillock, 2. Will Kelly, 3. Jack Hatton, 18. Coben Battle, 5. Noah Hooley, 6. Jordan Hamlin, 7. Charlie Henderson, 8. Will Woods, 9. Archie Wainwright, 10. Oliver Sykes, 11. Logan Spinks, 12. Will Milsom, 13. Nate Follington, 14. Nash Porter, 15. MMax Smith, 16. Hayden Mitchell, 17. Sebastian Sykes
Patrician Brothers, Fairfield
1. Taj’h Colquhoun, 2. Billy Arena, 3. Sione Lolohea, 4. Godfrey Ilavalu, 5. Noah Funa, 6. Corey Leigh, 7. Chad Daniels, 8. Jordan Miller, 9. Yehya Ayache, 10. Matthew Al Hazim, 11. Jeziah Funa-Luta, 12. Massimo Mari, 13. Bailey Myers, 14. Zaidas Muagututia, 15. Archie Riley, 16. Jack Leigh, 17. Robertson Lepale, 18. Jai Strudwick, 19. Kohan Adler, 20. Alister Wilson
ROUND 1 SCHEDULE
Tuesday, May 31
Wednesday, June 1
12pm: Endeavour Sports High 20 – 14 Patrician Brothers Blacktown (Action Photo’s Friday)
Wednesday, June 8
12pm: St Dominic’s v Bass High
11am: The Grange P-12 College v Hallam College
Thursday, June 9
Westfields Sports High v Hills Sports High
Ipswich SHS 24 – 16 Keebra Park SHS
Aaron Payne Cup
Mackay State High School 0 – 32 St Patrick’s College
Action Photo Galleries
More posts from this section
- Heathcote High School Win University Shield
- Heathcote High School Win University Shield
- Heathcote High Create Their Own Little Bit Of History
- Kirwan Shock Football World By Defeating Westfields
- NSWRL to introduce new concussion rules
- Major second-tier competitions cancelled across Australia
- NSWRL Covid-19 Update for Clubs : Major and Pathways Competitions
- Born To Be A Star
- Volunteer recruitment campaign
- 2020 Sydney Metro Schoolboy Cup Kicks Off With New Sponsor
- Big Scores in Rnd 1 of the 2020 Schoolboy Cup
- NSW Schoolboy Cup – Rnd 2
- Patrician Bro’s Blacktown home in 9 try romp
- St. Gregory Schoolboy Cup Quarter final report
- Endeavour sail on after broadsiding Illawarra in Schoolboy Cup Qtr Final
- Schoolboy Cup Semi Finals
- Schoolboy Cup – Semi Finals
- Pats Blacktown Set Up Grand Final Blockbuster
- NRL Schoolboy Cup 2020: Westfields Sports High vs Patrician Brothers Blacktown
- Patrician Brothers win 2020 Schoolboy Cup
- Patties seal Grand Final in last minutes
- NSW Schoolboy Cup Teams of the Year
- Endeavour SHS Rugby League Gala Day
- Endeavour Hosts Bass High School
- Schoolboy Cup Kicks off this week
- 2021 Schoolboy Cup Round 1 Results
- Holy Cross defeats All Saints
- Hunter and Endeavour get it on in Buckley & Uni Shields
- Schoolboy Cup Rnd 1 Patrician Brothers Blacktown v Endeavour Sports
- Schoolboy Cup Rnd 1 Endeavour Sports defeats Patrician Brothers Blacktown